Monday, July 6, 2015

Saltine Cracker Toffee



Again I was searching for a yummy snack for my cub scout group and I had forgotten all about them coming. That meant scrounging through what I had at home... This recipe calls for everything that I keep stocked in my kitchen which could be a bad thing... These are super addicting and I think that the hubs and I had a hard time putting these down! So delish - I can't even tell you how to store them because the entire pan was gone that night, either from 9 hungry boys or from 2 sweets loving parents! :)


Saltine Cracker Toffee
(recipe found at the-girl-who-ate-everything.com via Pinterest)

40 salted saltine crackers or enough to line your pan
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400 and line a cookie sheet with at least a 1/2 inch edge or jelly roll pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Line saltine crackers in a single layer on the cookie sheet. In a small pot combine sugar and butter and bring to a boil. Once mixture is at a boil, continue boiling for 3 minutes. Mixture should be a deep caramel color. Immediately pour over saltines and spread to cover crackers completely. Bake at 400 for 5 to 6 minutes. It will get all bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top and let sit a couple of minutes to melt. Spread melted chocolate and top with chopped nuts if desired. Cool completely and break into pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment