Thursday, August 7, 2014

Weekend Brunch Casserole



This past Easter I decided that I didn't want to wrestle with getting the kids up early enough to head over to sunrise service and the breakfast that goes with it. I planned a nice leisurely breakfast at home and then we strolled into church right about the time that it was going to start. No mass chaos with kids running everywhere, no crabby kids that I had to wake up and drag out of bed... It was a nice start to our day!! So, if I was going to let them sleep in, then I wanted to get a little extra shut eye myself - so that meant no getting up extra early to make something extravagant... But, I wanted it to definitely be something yummy though!! This fit the bill... Not too difficult to throw together and it only took about 20 minutes in the oven to cook. I could easily shower and get a couple of kids ready in that time!! Not to mention that it tasted delicious!! we had some fruit on the side and it was a great start to our Easter morning.


Weekend Brunch Casserole
(Recipe found on pinterest via culinary.net)

1 (8 ounces) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1 pound sausage
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
4 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

Preheat oven to 425. Crumble and cook sausage in medium skillet over medium heat until browned. Drain and let cool while you continue with remaining recipe. Line bottom of greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish with crescent roll dough, firmly pressing perforations to seal. Sprinkle with sausage and cheese. Combine remaining ingredients in medium bowl until blended; pour over sausage. Bake 15 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into squares; serve hot. Refrigerate leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment