Monday, July 14, 2014

Pumpkin Pie Refrigerator Oatmeal



I wasn't sure if I was going to post this version of refrigerator oatmeal or not... I wasn't a big fan of the flavor (even though I LOVE pumpkin) and if I don't care for it a lot, I usually don't post about it. But, my 3 year old got a hold of the half full jar of this oatmeal that his siblings had left on the table when they ran out the door for school and WOULD NOT PUT IT DOWN!! Seriously - he finished off his brother's jar and then went to the fridge and got the other jar that was in there and ate that one too!! It was crazy... he sat at the table and ate breakfast for about an hour - like he was SAVORING every bite! He never sits still for that long! :) So, I had to post this flavor in his honor... should have taken a picture of his pumpkin filled face, but that's a whole 'nother story!


Pumpkin Pie Refrigerator Oatmeal
(recipe found on pinterest via willcookforfriends.com)

1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
1/2 cup almond milk
3-4 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

In a pint jar or small bowl, combine all ingredients. Top with nuts if desired. Put a lid on the jar and refrigerate overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment