Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Banana Cake



My birthday this year fell on a Tuesday. This meant that I got to celebrate my day by working all day and then heading to ECFE that night. At least I didn't have to make my own supper - they were serving hot dogs for supper that night! :) Anyhow, so of course I felt that I needed a cake for my birthday, so I whipped up this cake that I thought looked super good. Wow, it WAS!! The frosting put it over the top of course and I like a thicker layer of frosting so I doubled the recipe for the frosting... Hey, it's my birthday! :) This cake was super moist and since I always have bananas in the freezer, it was an easy cake to throw together!


Banana Cake
(recipe found on justapinch.com)

CAKE
3 over ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
4 large eggs
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 package yellow cake mix
1 cup milk

FROSTING
4 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons milk
1 cup powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9X13 pan with cooking spray. Beat together bananas and eggs with mixer on medium til bananas are mashed, about 1 minute. On low speed pour in melted butter, add in cake mix and milk, beat on medium for 2 minutes Pour into pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes until cake is firm in middle. Let cool in pan. For the frosting: in small saucepan combine the sugar, milk and butter. Cook on medium high until a full boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add powdered sugar, whisk until no trace of sugar remains. Pour over cooled cake and spread. Let cool. This makes a thin layer of frosting - DOUBLE frosting recipe if you like to have more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment