Thursday, January 12, 2012

Deconstructed Pear Pork Chops

This recipe couldn't have come at a better time... Between my love of pork chops and the 10 pounds of mixed fruit that I have sitting in my kitchen (that included pears) I knew that I would be mixing up this tasty treat! :) Again, very quick to throw together and definitely delicious. My 4 year old gave me a hand in the kitchen this night and it as a lot of fun to have him as my "sous chef". While he didn't do any of the chopping or frying, he loved addign all the ingredients to the pan and getting the table ready!



Deconstructed Pear Pork Chops
(recipe found in Taste of Home Simple and Delicious)

1 package (6 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix
4 boneless pork chop loins
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter
2 medium pears, chopped
1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
2 green onions, thinly sliced

Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle chops with pepper and salt. Brown chops in butter in a large skillet. Sprinkle with pears and red pepper. Top with stuffing and onions. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160.

No comments:

Post a Comment