Thursday, January 26, 2012

Balsamic Herb Chicken

Gotta love those quick weeknight meals - even on a weekend! I was looking for something to pair with my Glazed Sweet Potatoes and I came across this chicken recipe. It was very tasty and easy to throw together... I wasn't sure how much chicken stock was in 1 container, so I just eyeballed it with the stock that I had - work with me! :) It turned out great!

Balsamic Herb Chicken
(recipe found at www.sweetsbeginning.blogspot.com)

1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 container knorr homestyle chicken stock
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves

Coat chicken with flour. Heat oil in 12" skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken in 2 batches and cook until well browned on both sides. Add garlic to skillet and cook for 30 seconds. Stir the broth, vinegar and thyme into skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes more or until chicken is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment