Monday, January 16, 2012

Bacon Cheeseburger Rice

When I head out to Pizza Ranch with the kids, my favorite kind of pizza is their bacon cheeseburger pizza. They just make it way better then anywhere else that I have tried it.... What am I talking about? Well, that is my way of saying that when I saw bacon cheeseburger rice, I knew that I had to try it. Once again - a hit at my house!! We all enjoyed it and Josh was the one that threw it all together... It doesn't get any more simple then that!



Bacon Cheeseburger Rice
(recipe found in Taste of Home Simple and Delicious)

1 pound ground beef
1 3/4 cup water
2/3 cup barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
2 teaspoons dried minced onion
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cups uncooked instant rice
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup chopped pickles
5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled

Cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink in a large skillet; drian. Add water, barbecue sauce, mustard, onion and pepper. Bring to a boil; stir in the rice. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with pickles and bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment