Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hidden Kisses

Every year as I start to make my list of Christmas cookies that I am going to bake for the year, I include a mix of new recipes and old favorites. This was a new recipe that I tried this year and it was super yummy... Not the prettiest looking cookie, but as the post that I found this recipe on said - who needs a pretty cookie when it tastes this good?? Not I, Not I! :) But honestly - check out that picture, they look pretty good don't they? :) I love the surprise hit of chocolate in the middle...



Hidden Kisses
(recipe found at http://iwasborntocook.blogspot.com)

approximately 70 hershey kisses, unwrapped
4 stickes softened salted butter
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
powdered sugar

Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until fluffly. Add flour and walnuts and mix until well blended. Chill dough in refrigerator for about an hour. Preheat oven to 350. Using about one tablespoon for each cookie, shape dough around each kiss. Roll in hand to make a ball and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set but not browned on top. Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet and place on wire rack. When completely cooled sprinkle generously with powdered sugar.

1 comment:

  1. SO glad you liked them! Yes, they do look good, but who cares...they really are the most delicious! Been a family tradition of ours for decades. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete