Monday, July 18, 2011

Roasted Potatoes with Old Bay & Secret Recipe Club

It's that time again... the Secret Recipe Club is posting once again and I found another fun blog to take a glance at! You can check out more amazing recipes from Barb by clicking here. She's got some amazing oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies that I can't wait to try some time!

For this post though I was looking through her blog right about the time I was planning on grilling up some burgers and having potatoes as a side... These fit perfectly with that plan! I also have a couple of containers of Old Bay (whoops, who didn't look in the spice cabinet before she bought?) in my cupboard that need using up... Such a simple recipe and super good too! :) They didn't go over well with Beau, but what potato does? As for the rest of us, we inhaled them quickly, leaving just a few leftover for Josh to take for lunch!



Roasted Potatoes with Old Bay
(recipe found at www.sfomomfridge.blogspot.com)

6 russet or yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled, sliced about 1/4" thick
2 tablespoons old bay seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil

Preheat oven to 400. Cover a heavy baking sheet with foil. Brush with olive oil. (I just used my olive oil cooking spray...) Toss potatoes, seasonings and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large bowl. Pour out onto prepared pan and spread so that they are in a single layer. Bake for 25 minutes at 400. Turn potatoes over and bake another 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.




12 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked them! They are a favorite with my teenagers and so easy to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd forgotten about making potatoes like this. There was a restaurant in our town when I was growing up that was famous for making these potatoes. I've bookmarked this recipe. If I had some potatoes in the pantry, we'd be eating these for lunch. Gotta get to the store today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look delicious! I have to make for my kids! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love roasted potatoes, especially with Old Bay! They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! If you're a fan of sweet potatoes, try cubing them and tossing with Old Bay and olive oil before roasting. The sweet and spicy combo is to die for :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I need to get some Old Bay Spice like now. Never have had any of that & everyone raves about it.
    So fun to be in the Secret Recipe Club with you. This looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delish and perfect as a side with hamburgers! SRC is fun. It is great participating with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will definitely try these out. I love old bay seasoning and this is really different! I've not been here to your blog before, glad to have found you through the SRC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are a favorite in our home.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my SRC recipe this month: Holy Guacamole.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who doesn't love potatoes?! That's impossible. However, potatoes love my hips too much so I must eat in moderation. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No self-respecting Marylander has a spice cupboard without Old Bay in it... definitely going to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a Baltimore girl so I love me some Old Bay!

    Glad to be part of SRC with you!

    Amy @ A Little Nosh

    ReplyDelete