Thursday, July 7, 2011

Ham It Up Primavera

Wow, wowee, wow!! This was delish... I can't wait to make it again. In fact, as my dad and I were eating it, I was debating if I could make enough to have for my son's dedication party. From the first bite I was hooked!! So, were the rest of my family - my 2 year old had THREE plates full... I'm salivating right now thinking about it! :) WARNING - this will feed a huge crowd of people... I didn't pay attention to the serving size and I had tons left over - which was good, since I wanted to keep eating it forever!!



Ham It Up Primavera
(recipe found in Taste of Home)

1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4" slices
1/2 cup butter, cubed
1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
2 medium zucchini, halved and cut into 1/4" slices
2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
8 green onions, chopped
3 teaspoons dried basil
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided

Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile in a large skillet, saute asparagus and carrots in butter for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and zucchini; saute until crisp-tender. Stir in ham, peas, onions, basil, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.

Drain spaghetti; place in a large bowl. Add vegetable mixture and 1/2 cup cheese; toss to combine. Serve with remaining cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment