Monday, July 11, 2011

Classic Cashew Beef

I love chinese! It's easy to make up at home, if you don't count all the chopping that is usually involved! :) I found this recipe and it sounded wonderful... It was all that I thought it would be and it didn't even require that much chopping!



Classic Cashew Beef
(recipe found in Taste of Home)

4 teaspoons cornstarch
4 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon oyster sauce
1/4 teaspoon ginger
dash of cayenne pepper
1/2 cup cold water
1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2" pieces
2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
8 green onions, cut into 1" lengths
2/3 cup lightly salted cashews
hot cooked rice

In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients and whisk until smooth; set aside. (I didn't have any oyster sauce, so I omitted this ingredient. I'm not a big fan of buying something that I only need a tiny bit of...)

In a large skillet or wok, stir fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Stir fry onions, cashews and garlic in remaining oil for 1 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef; heat through. Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment