Friday, February 11, 2011

Italian Sausage Rigatoni

This recipe I planned on trying out and ended up taking my daughter to get her 2 year pictures taken instead. So, leaving the boys at home and my hubs in charge of supper, I asked if he still wanted to make what I had planned. He agreed, so this is kind of his post... I mean, notice the picture - do I ever take the time to make it look so wonderful and appetizing, adding the extra spices to the top? :) He did great! He and my sons thought that this was a yummy supper and easy to throw together. Josh recommends using half of the oil when you sautee the garlic and peppers, if you use the same pan that you used to cook up the sausage links like he did. Other then that, it was a great meal!



Italian Sausage Rigatoni
(recipe found at www.johnsonville.com)

1 package (19.76 ounces) milk sausage links, grilled and coin sliced
1 package rigatoni pasta
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large red pepper, chunked and sauteed
1 jar (26 ounces) pasta sauce
2 tablespoons parsely, chopped

Cook sausage according to package directions, keep warm. Cook the rigatoni according to directions, keep warm. In a large pan, place olive oil and garlic, saute lightly for 30 seconds. Add peppers and cook until crisp tender. Combine cooked sausage and pasta sauce with peppers and heat until warm. Mix with the pasta or serve separately. Top with parsley. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment