Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chile Chicken Enchiladas

I thought that these enchiladas were pretty tasty and quick to throw together... I made them up at nap time (love doing that) and threw them in the fridge to have ready for the oven when I needed them! Josh's complaint was that he likes green sauce better, so I might buy a jar of green enchilada sauce next time and try that on for size! My complaint is that I can never fit 8 enchiladas in a 9x13 pan... I always have to split them up into 2 pans, so if any of you have any great tricks for getting them to actually fit in one pan, give me a shout! I have no idea the magic trick to that one! :)



Chile Chicken Enchiladas
(recipe found at www.pillsbury.com)

2 cups diced cooked chicken
1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
1/2 cup sliced roasted red bell peppers (from a jar)
1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped green chiles
1 cup sour cream
1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
1 package flour tortillas for burritos (8, 8" tortillas)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Heat oven to 350. Spray 13x9" baking dish with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix chicken, monterey jack cheese, roasted peppers, chiles and sour cream. Spread about 2 teaspoons enchilada sauce on each tortilla. Top each with 1/2 cup chicken mixture. Roll up tortillas; arrange, seam side down, in baking dish. Top enchiladas with any remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Spray sheet of foil with cooking spray and cover baking dish. Bake 45-60 minutes or until hot. Remove foil during last 5 minutes of baking time. If desired, serve with lettuce, tomato, avocado and additional sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment