Friday, February 4, 2011

Chicken Wild Rice Soup

Wow, wow and more wow is all I have to say about this recipe!! It was so delicious... When my hubs finally stopped inhaling the soup after his second bowl he told me that this was his favorite soup of all time and that I needed to make it at least once a week!! High compliments from my meat and potatoes guy... It was rich, creamy and wonderful! I definitely recommend trying it! :) Hubby says that the only thing that would make it better would be a bread bowl under it... Guess that is my next mission and I even have a recipe set aside that I have been wanting to try!

Chicken Wild Rice Soup
(recipe from Nourishing Hearts class)

2-4 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup minced onion
2 carrots, diced
celery, diced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup flour
8 cups chicken broth
2 cups whipping cream
3 cups cooked wild rice
1 pound chicken cooked and cut into bite size pieces

Saute onion, carrots and celery in butter until tender. Blend in flour and gradually add broth, stirring constantly. Cook until; thickens. Then stir in rice, chicken, salt and whipping cream. (If freezing, freeze at this time.) Simmer on low until to desired temperature or cook on low in crock pot 3-4 hours or until hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment