Monday, February 21, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Here is my second type of muffins that we had for our brunch birthday spread! I don't know about anyone else, but my bananas seem to turn brown instantly when I get them home. I do my shopping on Fridays or Saturdays and by Monday or Tuesday they are too ripe for my taste. So, into the freezer they go - waiting for the day that they will be made into banana bread, USUALLY! This time I pulled out my bananas for muffins... and it was very worth it! They were once again super moist and there is just something about adding chocolate chips to something that makes them even more yummy!!



Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs, beaten
3 medium ripe bananas
3 tablespoons sour cream or yogurt
6 ounces chocolate chips
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat oven to 400. In large bowl, beat sugar and oil. Add eggs and bananas, mix well. In small bowl, stir soda into yogurt or sour cream. Add slowly to the banana mixture. Stir in flour and mix, stirring slowly until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon batter into greased muffin cups. Bake 20-25 minutes.

Makes 20 muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment