Tuesday, August 10, 2010

KFC Coleslaw Copycat

I want to start by telling you that I am not the world's biggest coleslaw fan... I like it, but will pick something else if there is an option. Having said that, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE KFC coleslaw - it is the one side that I always get when we are having KFC. So, when I saw this recipe, I just had to try it! It did not disappoint!! Even my sister-in-law who NEVER likes coleslaw said that it was delish!

KFC Coleslaw Copycat

DRESSING
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup buttermilk
2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons while vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

SLAW
1 head of cabbage
1 medium carrot
2 tablespoons minced onion

Chop cabbage into chunks and run through your food processor, or chop fine. (I also ran my carrot through at the same time, so that everything was the same size and texture.) Combine all the dressing ingredients in a large bowl, whisk well. Combine cabbage, carrots and onion and toss well. Pour dressing over the slaw and turn to coat well.

Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving to allow the cabbage to soak up the marinade, overnight is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment